Each home offers a varied programme of weekly activities which is organised and overseen by our in house Engagement Co-ordinators. They cover a range of interests from sing-a-longs & arts and crafts to cooking and reminiscence sessions.
No two days are the same
Great emphasis is placed on meaningful, daily life tasks which stimulate the mind and memory. The uniqueness of our residents life history and interests are central to our activities program. Through residents meetings and day to day interactions our residents influence what is on offer. Having said that, there are always a few old favourites that are never off the table … Bingo anyone!
Ensuring our residents remain involved in the life of their local community helps them to remain independent and active. That is why we maintain excellent ties with charities such as Age Concern, Alzheimer’s Society, local schools, religious organisations and with outside entertainment groups. This allows our residents to spend time interacting with a variety of different people.
Engagement and Well-being
- We follow the company ethos to support our residents to lead a fulfilled life , much of this is achieved through activities
- Shopping trips, local pub for lunch, local zoo, theatre, local walks and day trips to the seaside
- Computer system for residents, offering individual e-mail accounts and Skype
- Ipads, tablets and laptops for residents to use, installed with applications that improve the memory and encourage new learnin Regular volunteer and community visitors, including pet therapy!
- A monthly activity programme and newsletter
Benslow Nursing Home
Highbury Rise and Shine
Robin Hood House